Tuesday 1 April 2014

Truly Madly Deeply - various authors, edited by Sue Moorcroft

Truly Madly Deeply is a collection of 24 stories from star authors from the Romantic Novelists' Association, including international bestsellers Adele Parks, Katie Fofrd, Carole Matthews, Miranda Dickinson and many more, and is edited by Sue Moorcroft.  




This book includes some of my absolute favourite romantic fiction authors.  It totally amazes me how some of the authors can draw you in so rapidly, so that you're hooked on every word, despite the story only being a few pages long.

I don't like to pick favourites but I particularly enjoyed A rose by any other name would smell as sweet by Adele Parks - short, sweet, to the point, leaves you wanting more.  If only life were that simple.

I personally think I prefer a full novel to get stuck into, the drawn out romance that has you totally hooked, but I really enjoyed the short stories in this book.  I read most of it on the train, commuting to work - and I think a longer book is better for that situation as it allows you to immerse yourself in another world for the whole duration of the journey, rather than fragmented immersing.  

However, I think this would be ideal for a little story before bed, whilst you're waiting for the kettle to boil, that kind of thing.  Some truly gorgeous stories, and a lovely mix of different types of story.  If the writers are capable of this in just a few pages, think what they can do with a whole book.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: