Tuesday 1 April 2014

The Soft Whisper of Dreams by Christina Courtenay

I adored The Secret Kiss of Darkness and (most of) the characters and I hadn't appreciated, until I started reading, that The Soft Whisper of Dreams revisits Marcombe Hall, Kayla and Wes.  One of the things I hate most about finishing a book is the not knowing what happens after you turn the last page, and so I absolutely loved being able to jump forward in time and see how Kayla and Wes are getting on. (I should say that you absolutely don't need to have read The Secret Kiss of Darkness first - they are very much standalone books if you want them to be!)

Aside from that, the fresh and new storyline involving Maddie and Alex (who was familiar from the previous book) was equally as gripping.  There is more danger for the characters in The Soft Whisper of Dreams and it was all consuming.  Christina's writing draws you in, and has you living the danger, the sadness and the joy alongside the characters.  

Once again, I loved the characters, I loved the story and I loved it!!

I cannot wait for more from Christina in the future!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: