Sunday 11 January 2015

Christmas for One by Amanda Prowse


"As a child, Meg always dreamed of the perfect Christmas... 


This year, she can make it come true for her own little boy. There will be turkey and all the trimmings, a glittering tree, and a stocking hung up by a roaring fire. Who cares if there's no devoted husband in the picture? She and Lucas will be just fine on their own. 

But then a chance meeting with a stranger in New York unravels everything she's planned. Will Meg finally get everything she wished for? Or will she be alone this Christmas after all?"


I must admit that I found it a little unbelievable that Meg, after everything she had been through, would be willing to spend Christmas separated from her son and I found Edd's "error of judgement" perhaps, ever so slightly, unforgivable, making it perhaps not the most perfect love story ever....

However, the cover is just gorgeous and the absolute epitome of Christmas - I mean, just look at it.  The descriptions of the food in the bakery reminded me of being captivated by a Jenny Oliver book and there are exquisitely beautiful descriptions which transform the world around you into somewhere magical and made me want to visit New York and be swept off my feet.  I read it in one day!

There is a wide-ranging cast of characters to enjoy in this lovely festive read and I recommend that you snuggle up with it this winter!  

This is the first Amanda Prowse book I have read, but it definitely will not be my last....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: