Wednesday 28 January 2015

Beneath the Moon and the Stars by Amelia Thorne

"Home, sweet home…

Joy Cartier has been to some of the most beautiful places in the world – but none of them have ever felt like home. So moving into a tiny cottage in the idyllic village of Bramble Hill, walking distance from her childhood home, seems like the perfect plan.

That is, until she gets there. The surly inhabitants of Britain’s Friendliest Village are anything but welcoming. Even her neighbour, reclusive Hollywood star Finn Mackenzie, takes one look at her and walks in the other direction.

But when the village animosity steps up a gear, it is the infuriatingly brooding Finn who keeps coming to her rescue. Slowly Joy begins to realise that maybe a happy home isn’t about where you live, but who you’re with…"


I had read the first few pages of a couple of my stored kindle books before I settled on Beneath the Moon and the Stars by Amelia Thorne.  I felt an instant connection to this book and the characters.  The reader is, more or less, immediately confronted with Joy (new to the village) and three gorgeous men.  I mean THREE? How could a girl stop reading.

I loved the way the three different men had different roles to play and different interactions with Joy, and although I found Joy's relationship with Finn frustrating, it made for the most addictive reading that reminded me of a Choc Lit book (where you always get the most delicious heroes and those of you who know Choc Lit books and my love for them will know this is one of the biggest compliments I can give).  

The pace is well set and I could not turn the pages quick enough.  The mystery side of the book is just as interesting as romantic side, and the supporting characters are fabulous.

When I turned the last page, I was totally and utterly satisfied. I cannot fault this - a totally delicious read! My favourite book of 2015 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: