Saturday 10 December 2011

Review of The Night Before Christmas by Scarlett Bailey

** What’s it about **

All Lydia's ever wanted is a perfect Christmas...

So when her oldest friends invite her to spend the holidays with them, it seems like the answer to her dreams. She's been promised log fires, roasted chestnuts, her own weight in mince pies; all in a setting that looks like something out of a Christmas card.

However, her winter wonderland is about to be ruined by the ghosts of boyfriends past, present and potential future. She's snowed in with her current boyfriend, her old flame and a hunky stranger. Well, three (wise) men is traditional at this time of year...


** What I thought **


Firstly, the cover is absolutely gorgeous, and invites you in.  The title is also perfect; there are quite a few “Christmas” books around this year that are only partially based on Christmas, but this is totally and utterly Christmassy! This book starts with a prologue on 4th December.  The rest of the book is set from 21st – 31st December with a final chapter set on 24th December next year.  Being centred totally around the Christmas period, this book is the ultimate Christmas read. 

This is Scarlett Bailey’s debut novel, and it is truly magical.  Packed full of ups and downs for the characters, which made me smile, laugh and cry!  Once I’d got into it, I found it very difficult to put down and I’m pleased to say I got the ending I was looking for!  The main character, Lydia, experiences a lot of emotions that I think many women will relate to – I certainly did! There are lots of loveable characters and plenty of hunky men to choose from.

This is the perfect book to read in front of a roaring fire, wrapped up in the warm, with perhaps a few flurries of snow outside.  The perfect book to be devoured over Christmas and would be ideal to unwrap on Christmas Day.

2 comments:

  1. I won this book on a giveaway and hopefully it'll arrive soon.I can't wait to read it!Great review, thanks for sharing it:) x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: