Saturday 25 October 2014

Some Veil Did Fall by Kirsty Ferry

"What if you recalled memories from a life that wasn’t yours, from a life before....?
 
When Becky steps into Jonathon Nelson’s atmospheric photography studio in Whitby, she is simply a freelance journalist in search of a story. But as soon as she puts on the beautiful Victorian dress and poses for a photograph, she becomes somebody quite different …
 
From that moment on, Becky is overcome with visions and flashbacks from a life that isn’t her own – some disturbing and filled with fear.
 
As she and Jon begin to unravel the tragic mystery behind her strange experiences, the natural affinity they have for each other continues to grow and leads them to question … have they met somewhere before? Perhaps not just in this life but in another?"
 

I opened this book not fully knowing what to expect as the cover has a hot pink girly feel to it, but the description of the book seemed slightly more mysterious.  I felt an instant connection to Becky and the storyline; there was absolutely no warming up required. 

As the story evolved, it brought back fond memories of The Secret Kiss of Darkness by Christina Courtenay (which you can read my review of here).  If you enjoyed that book, you will also love this one. 

The story is told in three parts; the first in the present day, the second in 1865 and the third reverting back to the present day.  Kirsty Ferry does a fabulous job of the three distinct, yet interlinked parts.  I couldn't get enough of the story, and found myself racing through the book.

The only 'fault' with this book is towards the end, at the climax, when all is revealed to Becky.  She discovered the full story, but I felt that Jon should have discovered Adam's part of the story as it was an element Ella could not have known given the circumstances.  You might see what I mean when you get there, but I don't want to give too much away.  This was a very minor point, but just something that jumped out at me at the time.

An outstanding paranormal romance that will captivate you from the first page.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: