Monday 4 August 2014

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

This is the first Stephanie Meyer book that I have read.  I have, of course, heard of Twilight and seen the films but never been that inclined to go out and buy the books.  However, when a friend, knowing my taste in books, lent me The Host, I thought I'd give it a try.



To start with, I found The Host a little hard to adjust to.  I didn't fully understand what was happening as there were so many unfamiliar concepts, but I soon became totally and utterly addicted.  I would find myself sat on the train, with the book inches from my face as I, quite literally, became more and more drawn in to it.

I personally found that there was nothing predictable about The Host.  I had absolutely no idea what was going to happen, and Stephanie Meyer's style of writing is simply fabulous and has a wonderful way of making you feel the emotions of each character.  At times, I found myself holding my breath in anticipation or fear for a character.

I couldn't imagine how Meyer was going to find a suitable end for such a brilliant story; I feel like I could have just kept on reading forever and ever. However, the ending she chooses is just perfect.

Meyer describes this book as "not quite science fiction" because the setting is so familiar to you.  It is and it isn't.  It really is about the characters and they are exceptionally strong in this book.

A truly brilliant book; I cannot fault it.  I've never been one to re-read a book but I think this is a book I could definitely enjoy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: