Sunday 17 August 2014

Dance until Dawn by Berni Stevens

"Do you Believe in Love After Life?

At twenty-five, West-End dancer, Ellie Wakefield should be having the time of her life. The only problem is, since waking up in a three-hundred-year-old vampire’s leaky cellar, Ellie’s been very much dead. And to make matters worse, she’s found that an aversion to blood and a fear of the dark aren’t very helpful – especially when you’re a fledgling vampire.

William James Austen has fallen hard. He’s spent the last year loving Ellie from afar and now he’s finally able to be truthful about who and what he is. As the most powerful vampire in London, he’s used to getting what he wants. But this time, Will might just have bitten off more than he can chew."


I found this book somewhat mesmerising. It isn't anything like Twilight, it is a whole new vampire world. The relationship between Ellie and Will made me smile, and the flirtatious banter made me laugh.  

The book really does centre around their relationship and doesn't really get into the battle between Will and the the evil Khiara until quite a way into the book. To be honest, I still don't know what the Trials are and the 'battle' itself didn't really seem to grip me in the way it should have. I didn't feel nervous at the outcome and I think because it wasn't built up for long enough into a suspense for me.

However I really liked the characters and their relationship.  Will is an extremely chivalrous man despite being a vampire, and I challenge you not to fall in love with him, just a little bit...!

This is what a vampire book should be like....!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your review :) I hope you find the sequel more scary! I'm so pleased you fell a little in love with Will - you can speak to him on Twitter if you like. @austen_will
    Thanks again,
    Berni xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: