Tuesday 28 July 2020

Making Wishes at Bay View by Jessica Redland

"Callie Derbyshire has it all: her dream job as a carer at Bay View, finally she has found the love of her life. Everything is perfect.

Well, almost.

Ex-partners are insistent on stirring up trouble, and Callie’s favourite resident, Ruby, hasn’t been her usual self. 

But after discovering the truth about Ruby’s lost love, Callie is determined to give Ruby’s romantic story the happy ending it deserves. After all, it’s never too late to let love in again. Or is it?"


The characters in this book are larger than life; the villains (yes, there's more than one baddy!) are particularly unpleasant and the heroes are quite lovely.  

I have to admit that my favourite part of the story was Ruby and her 66-year long love story which I loved seeing come to a conclusion.  This was the part for me that made me properly grin and brought a tear to my eye.

 Making Wishes at Bay View is the first in a four book series (Welcome to Whitsborough Bay) and I'm going to be diving straight into the next book, New Beginnings at Seaside Blooms.

This is a story which isn't just "chick lit"; it covers adoption and the rejection / unwillingness to engage that comes with it, difficult family relationships and tales of long lost loves!

Making Wishes at Bay View is out now and can be purchased here on Kindle or in Paperback (prices correct at time of writing):


            

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your lovely review. So glad you're going to be diving into the rest of the series!
    Jessica x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: