Tuesday 30 December 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside by Kerry Barrett

"For better or much, much worse...

Esme and Jamie have finally got their perfect wedding day planned. Beautiful snowy landscape – check. Amazing venue – check. Stunning dress – check.

But when an avalanche seals off their gorgeous mountain hometown from the outside world, their dream day starts to look more like a nightmare. Especially when Jamie’s ex turns up on their doorstep with a surprise neither of them expected!

Whilst Esme’s magical powers can solve a lot of problems, it's starting to look like their big day is doomed! Is Esme and Jamie’s wedding simply not meant to be, or can they still make it down the aisle, against all the odds?"


This book is part of the Could it be Magic series, which I did not realise until I had started reading.  It definitely works as a stand alone book, but I did find myself wondering what I would know had I read the first two in the series (for example, Jamie and Esme's history?!) so it would have been nice to read the others from a depth/fulfillment of the characters point of view rather than as a necessity.

There is plenty of snow in this wintry delight which makes it the perfect magical and seasonal read.  And it truly is magical, as Esme and her family are witches (the nice variety) so it felt like a cross between Bewitched and Sabrina the Teenage Witch with all the spells and sparkles.

Whilst it took a while for me to warm up to Esme, there are plenty of characters to love (although it took me a while to start remembering exactly who was who).  Parker is pretty cute, and he is the one who, despite being only 5, brings the life lessons to this fun story.  

I enjoyed reading the uphill battle (after all the snow had come downhill) to pull of Esme and Jamie's perfect wedding.  As for the ending, well.....I will not say too much but ARGGGGHHHH!! It leaves you on a cliff hanger which indicates there will definitely be a fourth in this series!!

Thank you to Net Galley and Carina UK for the e-copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: