Thursday 11 July 2013

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

Today I finally finished The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.....



I'm a little ashamed to admit that I allowed myself to get distracted from this book.  I got three quarters of the way through, it ended up in a different location to me and I started another book whilst I awaited its return.  Since that moment, I've read more books than I count on one hand.....!  Now, that isn't at all like me.  I usually get into a book, and I struggle to put it down until I have absorbed every last word.  I mistook my casual attitude to returning to it as disinterest, but having returned to it today, I was wrong.  

The main character is lovable, in an extraordinarily different way.  With undiagnosed asperger's syndrome, Don is a very special man!

In this book, you'll experience a number of projects....the Wife Project, the Father Project and as the name suggests, the Rosie Project.  I found myself wondering when the Rosie Project would begin and I had to wait until the end of the fourth paragraph on page 256 to see those three little words 'the Rosie Project'

Funny, perfectly pitched, not your typical rom-com but packed full of real life.

You can follow the author on twitter @GraemeSimsion.  Could you come up with a story in 140 characters or less, twitter fiction and you might just stumble upon some on Graeme's twitter page.  See the challenge and story here

1 comment:

  1. I have read this book and thought it was a very good way to get accross how Aspergers affects people but in a very funny and thought out way.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: